View story

More stories

HOURS FROM DEATH: TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME NEARLY KILLED ME AFTER LEAVING TAMPON IN FOR FIVE DAYS

A mother-of-one has told how she nearly died after contracting toxic shock syndrome from a tampon. Amy Williams, 24, from Basildon, Essex, was left hospitalised and fighting for her life when she accidentally left her tampon inside her for five days. Toxic shock syndrome can cause the body to go into septic shock, a serious case of sepsis, which can cause multiple organ failure and eventually death if left untreated. The PA, is now speaking out to raise awareness of the rare, life-threatening condition in the hope that other women do not experience the same trauma.

Pee-trified: woman has ir...

View this story

Dog who had her eyes goug...

View this story

A hole lot of trouble! - ...

View this story

Baby given three per cent...

View this story

Five-week-old newborn is ...

View this story

Woman responds to trolls ...

View this story

Sun allergy mum nicknamed...

View this story

Father-of-one stuns wife ...

View this story

Can you guess my boyfrien...

View this story

Justin bieber fan loses 7...

View this story